Tuesday 20 August 2013

Chicken 65

Chicken 65 is a South Indian side dish, originated from Chennai. No one exactly knows the story behind its name. It is a spicy dish which is deep-fried in the oil. I learnt this method from a TV show when I was in my high school. But I don't remember either the name of show or chef who performed in the TV show. As I've hardly been to the kitchen while with my mom, I used to do this chicken side dish as it is very simple and easy to prepare. Gradually, I started to cook this for any family functions to help my mom to prepare some varieties. This is my all time favourite dish. Today I've made it using the masala's that I have at home.


This preparation needs:

Chicken - 1/2 kg (cut into small cubes)
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - a little
Lemon juice - 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Egg -2 (white gel)
Salt - to taste
 Oil


For Garnishing:

Onion - 1 large
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp





It is made this way:

Take a large bowl and mix all the ingredients except egg whites and chicken. Add the egg whits and beat until well mixed with other ingredients without forming lumps. Now add the chicken pieces to the mixture and marinate it for 1/2 an hour. 

Heat the oil the a thick bottom pan. Deep fry the chicken pieces in medium flame (do not cook in the high flame). 







Garnish it with thin sliced onion. Sprinkle lemon juice and pepper powder on it. Serve it hot. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment